Event: Future of Manufacturing 2018
Date: 5th October 2018
Time: 8.00 - 11.00
Location: Silverstone UTC, Silverstone Circuit, Towcester NN12 8TL
The path to Brexit for UK businesses as yet remains unclear, however everyone is hard at work preparing to rise to the challenge and respond to whatever changes lie ahead. As yet many questions remain for manufacturers, so we are actively working with businesses to help them identify and maximise opportunities.
At the event you will be able to quiz a panel of high level manufacturing experts and business leaders on the opportunities and challenges ahead with the aim of:
- Positioning your business to create, identify and maximise export & import opportunities
- Aiding meetings with global customers
- Building and preserving your international brand
- Planning future investments
- Prioritising when creating your strategy and making tactical business decisions for the future
Panel members include:
- Rt. Hon. Andrea Leadsom MP for South Northamptonshire
- Professor Rajkumar Roy - Director of Manufacturing at Cranfield University
- Will Stirling - MD, Stirling Media Ltd and Former Editor of The Manufacturing magazine
- Nigel Knapp - Business Development Manager at The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC)
- Alistair Gough - CEO at OCEE International. Global Furniture Business
08:30 - 9:30 - Q&A Forum focusing on the Opportunities of Brexit for Manufacturers
09:30 - 10:30 - Breakout sessions with facilitated discussions. Please book one of the sessions listed below when you send your R.S.V.P:
- Minimising the impact of Brexit on your business presented by Ben Stanton, Employment Law Partner - Franklins Solictors LLP : With the implementation of Brexit there is always the worry that this could affect employment law and the various protections that employees recieve in the UK and also the rules that employers have to put in place. This session will seek to allay those fears and provide you with advice on minimising employment risks post-Brexit.
- Procedures, Customs and Duty implications to create opportunities presented by Lucy Sutcliffe - MHA MacIntyre Hudson: Looking at import and export deals are high on many businesses priority lists.This session will focus on procedures and customs & duty implications and explore the areas to consider with regard to creating and maximising the opportunities ahead.
- Improving productivity & Maximising the return on capital and other resources presented by Nigel Knapp, MTC: The MTC are a Government supported organisation helping UK manufacturers de-risk and accelerate investment in productivity improvement, new technology or commercialising new products. Our extensive workshop provides access to the latest technologies to prove concepts or manufacture prototypes. This session will focus on how to maximise implementation of new technology into your manufacturing organisation.
10:30 - Close and optional tour of Silverstone UTC
This event is complimentary however pre-booking is essential as places are limited to those actively engaging in the manufacturing sector. Please RSVP by emailing your details and choice of breakout session to email@example.com. Please reserve your place by 28th September 2018.
If you would like to submit a question for the panel prior to the event, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and these will be collected for the panel discussion on the day.