A relative recently left some money to me in their Will. I have never got on with this relative and I don't want their money. What can I do?

It is possible to enter into a Deed of Variation to vary your share in the estate to either another beneficiary or perhaps someone you would like to receive the bequest instead. A Deed of Variation has to be executed within two years of the date of death of the deceased and should be carefully worded to ensure its validity.

Please contact the Wills department who will be able to assist you with regards to this.