How would you grow a £50 investment?
Here’s a chance for you to enter a team into the Franklins £50 Challenge. Use your business brain and money-making acumen to generate as much money as possible for our local hospices.
We will provide you with a £50 start-up investment and then it’s over to you to invest and re-invest the £50 to raise as much as you can in 8 weeks.
The team that raises the most will be honoured as the £50 Challenge champions at our awards ceremony in April 2018 (other prizes for creativity, craziest idea are also up for grabs).
We are sponsoring this challenge, so that all of the money you raise will directly support those living with a life limiting illness across Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire. Each team that signs-up will be supported by a Franklins ‘buddy’.
How does it work?
- Get your team together and decide which local hospice you would like to support
- Click the logo of your chosen hospice and complete the Online Form/Email on their website.
- Your Local Hospice will deliver your £50 investment, help you with some fundraising ideas and social media.
- Then on the 23 January 2018 it’s on your marks, get set and go! You then have 8 weeks until the 23 March 2018 to invest/ re-invest your £50 and raise as much money as you can for your local hospice.
- By 5pm on the 23 March 2018 deliver all of your fundraising donations to your local hospice.
- The prize winners will be announced at our awards ceremony on the 26 April 2018.
- Increased awareness of your business by linking with a local charity.
- Engagement and involvement of staff, boosting team morale and enthusiasm.
- Fun and engaging PR and social media opportunities. Don't forget to use #franklins50
- Networking potential with other participating businesses.
- Help to fulfil your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives.
- Increased engagement with clients, customers or suppliers.
Want to support your local hospices but don’t want to take part in the challenge?
There are plenty of ways you can be involved so please visit the Local Hospices corporate pages link below or alternatively why not donate £50 to your local hospice.
You can donate online or call:-
Cynthia Spencer Hospice - Donate
Willen Hospice - Donate
Do's and don'ts
We do ask that you adhere to the terms in the £50 Challenge Agreement. Here are a few helpful hints to get you get started. Raise as much as you can and above all, enjoy the challenge!
- Do ensure that all written communications with the public (including letters, emails, posters, etc.) include the words ‘in aid of Cynthia Spencer Hospice (Registered Charity Number 1174402)’ OR ’in aid of Willen Hospice (Registered Charity Number 270194)’.
- Do try and come up with something innovative!
- Do your research – risk assessment, legal requirements, licences, insurance etc.
- Do ensure that you have the necessary licence or consent from the relevant local authority before you undertake street collections or collections in public areas. You do not require a permit to collect in private areas e.g. your workplace but you should get the permission of your employer.
- Do get in touch with your chosen hospice or your Franklins Buddy for help and advice.
- Do be enthusiastic – your enthusiasm will be infectious. Don’t get too despondent – not everyone you ask will help or get involved.
- Don’t forget to ask for ‘gifts in kind’ that you can sell on - it’s not all about cold hard cash!
- Don’t forget to check the legal requirements if you’re holding a raffle.
- Don’t be afraid to tell anyone and everyone about what you are doing, you never know when someone may be able to help by donating funds or coming up with a good idea.
- All Funds raised must be with local hospices by 5pm on the 23 March 2018.
- All fundraising activities undertaken must be done ethically.