Corporate Social Responsibility
As part of our corporate social responsibility, Franklins Solicitors are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all that we do.
- We have an Equality and Diversity Policy.
- We have Health & safety Policies and provide the appropriate training.
- We provide training/ personal development to all employees, which includes a personal development plan, external training and internal training sessions.
- To improve communication with our employees we hold Open Meetings, Team Meetings and have an extranet which is available to all members of the firm. The extranet contains the office manual and all of our policies.
- We ensure that our employees are remunerated at the correct salary for their level of experience. All employees are entitled to join the LLP pension scheme and receive death in service. For senior members of the firm we provide (either in membership or cash equivalent) Health Care, Critical Illness, Employee Assist Program and Group Income Protection.
- Our firm directly supports three charities:-
- MENCAP we support with seminars and also payment of any old client balances.
- Cynthia Spencer Hospice Charity – legal work provided for free or at discounted rates. Newsletter sponsor.
- Dementia Friends - An Alzheimer's Society Initiative
- We also support Make a Will week/ month.
- Encourage and support team building exercises which raise money for charity, Yorkshire 3 peaks, MoRun Milton Keynes, Rock Solid run.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into our decision making and activities, where possible.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to our clients and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
Schedule of Recycling
- Print cartridges collected for recycling by supplier
- Confidential paper collected, shredded and recycled
- Envelopes and non-confidential paper collected for recycling
- Blank envelopes recycled for internal use on files
- Used light bulbs sent for recycling
- Postal Stamps sent to charity
- Redundant IT hardware collected for recycling
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility, including water, electricity and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
SCHEDULE OF ENERGY SAVING
- Shut down computers daily
- Switch off monitors
- Copiers/printers operate with automatic standby mode
- Switch off fans, heaters, air conditioning
- Turn off lights
- Do not print unnecessarily
- Print double-sided where possible
- Communication by email where possible
We will annually review our CSR policy to ensure that we are doing all we can to minimise our impact on the environment. This review will be carried out by the Practice Manager who is the person responsible for this policy.