The rules under the DPA are complex and businesses often get them wrong. Our solicitors can give advice to safeguard against breaching the requirements under the DPA and to avoid:
- investigation by the Information Commissioner’s Office and possible fines; and
- negative public perception and damage to an organisation’s brand.
Our services include:
- Advising Data Controllers and Data Processors under the DPA.
- Drafting and advising upon Data Protection Agreements and Notifications setting out an organisation’s attitudes to data protection.
- Drafting Website Privacy Policies.
- Drafting Internal Procedures and Policies, including Data Protection and Privacy Policies.
- Advising in relation to disputes regarding breach of confidential information.
- Advising on disclosures of data upon the transfer of businesses.
- Assisting with advice to marketing departments on data protection laws in relation to direct marketing (including fax, telephone, e-mail and postal).
We advise organisations of all sizes on data protection and privacy issues, from start-ups to large entities across a diverse range of industry sectors.